Easy 1040 El Burgos
Finally finished the tax return? Here's your reward.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 57g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1-1/2 lb. of ground venison (or ground beef)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 large potatoes
- 16 oz tomato sauce (Hunts, Del Monte, Contadina or other)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated (sharp)
Mise en place
- Skin and slice the potatoes into medallions about 1/4 inch or 1/2 centimeter and set aside (mise en place.)
- Medium to fine chop the onion and set aside.
- Medium to fine chop the two bell peppers and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and the tomato sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
- Steam potato slices until medium tender.
- While potatoes are steaming brown and breakup all the meat in a skillet large enough to hold the meat with the chopped onion and bell peppers.
- When the meat is cooked, mix in the chopped onion and cover simmering mto let the onion cook in the steam - about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the chopped bell peppers and cover simmer another few minutes.
- Uncover the meat onion & pepper hash to let out steam.
Build and bake the Easy 1040 El Burgos casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a 2 or 3 quart deep oven safe casserole dish (preferably with an oven safe lid.)
- Layer the bottom of the casserole dish with half of the potato slices.
- Layer half of the meat onion pepper hash on top of the potato slices.
- Repeat with the other half of the potatoes and meat.
- gently pour and spread the sauce mixture on top, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the casserole.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve as desired.
Screen Corps https://screencorps.com/