Another Venison Stew
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 pound venison meat
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn (kernels)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 14-oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth (we make this with broth base from Orrington Farms)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 or 2 tsp Sriracha (Huy Fong Sriracha is the favorite)
- Slice meat into bite size 1/2 inch pieces.
- Brown the meat in a pan with some olive oil and set aside with sucs & juices from the pan.
- Coarsely chop onion, celery, potatoes and carrots, separately.
- Saute onion and celery in bottom of your stock pot with more olive oil until onion is golden or cooked.
- Add the meat & sucs, broth, tomatoes (with juices), carrots, potatoes, corn, garlic and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add Sriracha and peas.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and slowly sift flour into the soup while mixing to avoid clumping. (this will add just a little thickness to the stew.)
- Recover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve, season and present as desired.
Screen Corps http://screencorps.com/